Yes, Bumby can alter you existing wool. As Bumby grows, we need to limit some of the more time consuming project. Alterations can often take too much time away from our standard orders. But, as you may know, we love to take care of our Flock. So as a compromise, here you will find a list of the alterations we are still able to do. We can not take off waistbands or alter the hips, as those 2 things take much longer than most would expect.
Please understand that we take our jobs very seriously and honour you and your wool. We will always do our very best to alter your used wool to your requests. All sales are final. There is a level of trust between us both to alter your goodies. Thank you for your understanding. Also please clean your wool, preferably stripped and unscented. Heavily lanolized wool with heavy scents can be harder to work with and effect sewing.
- Taking from inseam and adding to the rise by moving the crotch seam up to 2 or 3 inches
- Adding inseam, easiest way is to cut at about knee area and adding in a chunk there for a quasi bold look.
- Adding inseam to bolds, easiest way is to cut one of the bold strips in half and add a chunk in there.
- Adding inseam by adding a cuff, cut off them hem (lose about 1″) then add a 3″ cuff. This increases the inseam about 2″.
- Tapre a wider leg and secure hem stitching or add cuffs.
- Add Cargo or Butt Pockets, the other styles require removing the pocket and hem so can not be added after. (please order from the pocket additions section not here)
- Alter the rise in the front for youth, we can unpick the front 1/3 of the waist, and trim out a deepre curve and reattach the waist. This reduced the front bulge some find with kids that no longer wear diapers.
When shipping your wool, please put warranty repair as the reason for the shipment. Country of origin is Canada. NAFTA harmonized tax code is 620910. Anything valued over $20 being imported into Canada can be subject to customs and tax. Total Packages (not each item but all of them added together) valued at under $20 or stated as warranty repair are exempt from these fees. Sometimes if the package is valued over $20 and listed as warranty repair the customs worker still charges the fees. Any fees charged will be applied to the sender.
Please ship your wool to:
223 Davison Drive
Red Deer AB