How to Measure
In this section we will describe how to measure your child for the best fit. We will cover how to measure the Rise, Hips, Waist and Inseam.
There are several options for choosing a bottom. As we know “One Size does not always Fit All”! We’ve learned over the years that the easiest way to get the best measurements is by measuring a pair of your child’s pants or diaper.
• The rise is measured from front to back through the crotch
• Most people prefer the wool waist to sit approximately 2″ above the diaper (both front and back) so that is 4″ added to the rise measurement
• Hold the measuring tape at the front of the belly, and draw it through the legs to the back of the diaper. Hold is snug. You can also measure the diaper not on the child to get this measurement
• The Hip is measured at the widest part of the child’s bum
• For a legging or skinny jeans look, the wool should measure smaller
• For a regular look, the wool should measure slightly larger or the same
• For a loose or baggy look, the wool should measure wider by 3″ or more
• The waist is measured on bare skin above the diaper
• The wool is very stretchy so it is recommended to have the waistband cut 2 to 4 inches smaller than the actual waist
• The Inseam measurement is determined by the inside length of the leg (crotch to heel)
• You can add length to the leg to keep up with their growth. The extra couple of inches can be tucked up or folded up in a cuff